Thursday

Introducing erm... well the Introduction.

This is a blog about the film scene in Glasgow, Scotland from the perspective of a 20 year old non-Scottish female, who has recently moved to Glasgow to study. The blog/me will explore the variety of film related stuff here in Glasgow over the span of 5 weeks, hence the title of the blog which I've used as a homage to one of my favorite films (no, I will not say which...). That is to say I will explore film in Glasgow for 5 weeks and probably only find the time to blog about it in the last 2 weeks of said 5 weeks. As you can tell I'm a very eloquent writer, but I won't brag.

Anyway, by the end of this great journey which we shall embark upon, you will see what a rich film culture(?) Glasgow has, I mean they have their own film festival!
But sarcasm aside, I am really excited about this since I am a big film buff (most people have google as their homepage, I have IMDb) and I will also get the chance to explore what Glasgow will have to offer me over the next few years as I try and complete my course.

Over the next few blog posts I will try and "review" some movies that were screened (and that I've watched) at the Glasgow Film Festival, which was on from the 16th of February till the 27th, and then I'll blog about some of the many venues that are available here in Glasgow for movie-watching. I will also blog about a few of my favorite Glaswegian actors out there.

I would also like to add and emphasise that I tend to ramble on about random and sometimes pointless stuff/stories and I  have a tendency to get heavily sarcastic. Sarcasm being a key word here.

Before we kick things off I would like to thank my dear friend Yazzy, who kindly took the time to make the fabulous background that you are enjoying right now, because I have no photoshopping skills whatsoever, and because she's awesome.

So, if you've stumbled across this blog, have fun, if you don't like it just close this window OR if you're really bored try and guess which movie each of the pictures in the background is from. (Hint: most of them will be mentioned in the blog. Just sayin'.)

- Mariam

No comments:

Post a Comment